Alas! how people can get stupid by the hand of the fakesters in the name of Religion. How the fake Peers(Mentors) and the clerics convince their followers that the use of a paper with some lines drawn on it can heal them and make their troubles go away.
An amulet or taweez is an object normally used with an intention to bring good luck. It is also used to seek protection from troubles to its owner. Nowadays, in some countries, it has become a symbol of Islam. Those who wear them are easily recognized as Muslims. Muslims use amulets by hanging them all over their houses, cars, shops, bodies and even on their pets and trees.
An amulet can be a bracelet, ring, string of shells or beads. It was used by the Arabs who put around their children’s necks. They believed that it would protect them from the evil eye and different troubles. Islam absolutely abolished this and all other superstitious practices. The Messenger of Allah PBUH invoked the curse of Allah upon those who wore an amulet seeking its protection.
Same is what I saw when I was following a grave worshiping sector. I saw the peer (leader of the spiritual dynasty or a Mentor) use to make some lines on a paper and write some numbers on it and gave them to people to put around their neck or to put it in water for drinking for a cure. Later on, I found out that there was not even a single evidential proof in Quran and Hadith supporting it. Which makes it an addition in the religion. These so-called fake peers(Mentors) use these things to earn money.
One single amulet with having some line drawn on it along with numbers cannot solve any problems. A single amulet is sold off worth 3-5 $, whereas people are willing to pay much more than that. Following are some of the references that prove the use of amulet is completely against the teaching of Muhammad PBUH.
- If Allah helps you none can overcome you, if He forsakes you who is thereafter that, that can help you? In Allah then let believers put their trust. [Al-Quran – 3:160]
- And put your trust in Allah Alone and enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. [Al-Quran – 33:3]
- Messenger of Allah PBUH said: If anyone wears an amulet (taweez), may Allah not help him in fulfilling his wish. If anyone wears a sea-shell around his neck, may Allah give him no peace. [Masnad e Ahmad and Al-Hakim]
- Messenger of Allah PBUH said spells, charms, and love-potions are polytheism. [ Abu Dawood – 4222]
- Whoever hangs an amulet around his neck, then Allah will not fulfill his wishes. Whoever hangs a seashell as a charm, then Allah will not leave him without penalty. [Musnad Ahmad – 16951]
- The Messenger of Allah PBUH, saw a man wearing a brass ring, so he asked what it was for. The man said, “It is protection from my arthritis.” The Prophet PBUH said: Remove it, for it will only increase your arthritis and if you were to die wearing it you would never be successful. [Musnad Ahmad – 19498]
The Arabs in old times would sometimes seek healing by resorting to spells, amulets, and charms. The Prophet PBUH told us that such practices never help cure the disease but rather will lead to great loss and regret in the Hereafter.
- Abu Waqid Al-Laithi reported: When we traveled to Hunain with the Messenger of Allah PBUH, we passed by a tree which the idolaters called Dhat Al-Anwat. They would hang their weapons upon it for blessings. I said, “O Messenger of Allah, make for us a blessed tree just as they have one.” The Prophet said: Glory be to Allah! You have said just as the people of Moses said: make for us a god as they have a god (Quran – 7:138). By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will follow the traditions of the people before you. [Sunan Al-Tirmidhi 2180]
- The Messenger of Allah PBUH said: Whoever ties a knot and blows on it has performed magic, and whoever performs magic has committed idolatry. Whoever hangs something like a charm will be entrusted to it. [ Sunan An-Nasa’i 4079]
It is not permissible to wear amulets, even if they contain words from the holy Quran, because of the general meaning of the words of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
- Whoever wears an amulet, may Allah never fulfill his wish and whoever wears a seashell, may Allah never protect him from what he fears. [Masnad e Ahmad – 17440]
- And he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever wears an amulet has committed shirk (associated something with Allah)”.[Saheeh al-Jaami – 6394]
Therefore, we must not wear charms or amulets, resort to magic spells, or seek blessings from created objects. Rather, we should put our trust and reliance in Allah alone. Seek blessings from Him alone, and direct our prayers and acts of worship to Him alone.